Review: Dr. Song 50% Lactic Acid Face Peel
I had the privilege of reviewing Dr. Song's 50% Lactic Acid Face Peel. Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that is mild and is suitable for sensitive skin. Lactic acid peels are useful for: *Exfoliating the surface of your skin
*Deep cleaning pores
*Fading dark marks
*Evening out skin tone
*Brightening and lightening skin
*Improving the appearance of light wrinkles
*Stimulating natural collagen production
When I used this, I tested a small area first like the instructions suggested. There will be a stinging sensation almost immediately upon application, this is normal. After about a minute I washed it off with water and patted dry like the instructions said. My skin was red, but I did not have any irritation. My skin was smoother and softer.
Instructions for Applying Lactic Acid Face Peel:
- Clean your face and neck. Gently pat dry.
- Apply a small amount with a brush or a cotton ball to the area and leave on for about 1 minute for your first peel. Slowly increase the time of each peel by 1-2 minutes as needed.
- Rinse off with water and pat dry.
- IMPROPER USE OF CHEMICAL PEELS CAN CUASE SEVERE BURNS. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. ALWAYS TEST ON A SMALL PATCH OF SKIN BEFORE APPLYING.
- Please keep in mind that everyones skin is different. Peel times vary from person to person which can only be learned through experience and patience to avoid any burns. Skin patch tests are the most accurate method and minimize risk.
- SUNBURN ALERT: Peels can increase your sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterward.
- General recommended time is 4 weeks between each peel.
- products are sourced from the best materials possible, made in the USA, and meet, if not exceed FDA requirements
- Dr. Song uses USP (pharmaceutical grade) quality ingredients, the same quality ingredients used in hospitals and medical laboratories, which is much more expensive than lower grades and is often the reason why many of their customers experience better results with their brand.
- Keep the peel at least a quarter of an inch away from the eyes and mucus membranes.
- If skin irritation occurs remove the product by neutralizing with cool water immediately and consult a physician.
- Do not apply the peel more than once in a 7 day period
- Do not expose your face to the sun for 24 hours before or after the application of the peel.
- Do not apply the peel to the skin that has been waxed or shaved within 24 hours
- When using the peel a stinging sensation may occur, this is normal
Disclaimer & Warning: Use at your own risk. By using this product, you confirm that you understand and agree with the following: The information provided by the seller is not intended to replace your doctor’s medical advice. Seller is not responsible for any negative effects which might result from either the proper or improper use of this product. I agree to completely and solely responsible for any and all injuries or damage to myself, others and property associated with usage of chemical peels and I take full responsibility for proper storage and safety precautions for myself and any person who may come in contact with the chemical peel I purchased. I agree not to hold the seller or the manufacturer responsible for any injuries, damage or misuse that result from the usage of the chemical peel. I am a legal adult above the age of 18.